Chelsea were supposedly in the “final countdown” for Jules Koundé at the start of the month already, but the 22-year-old center back has yet to move a muscle towards Chelsea as we approach the end of the month, let alone have a transfer actually materialize.
Guess it depends where the countdown started from.
In any case, Sevilla president José Castro confirmed the status quo earlier today, explaining that they still don’t have a “need” to sell, that they will only do so if a proper offer is received, and if it’s done so with enough time for them to use those funds in the market as well before the window shuts on Tuesday.
“At this time there is no clear offer for the player. [...] I have not said anything about a clause or no clause. I have said that if an offer arrives for Koundé, we will study it as we always do.
“If it is an interesting amount to continue improving with those resources, investing in players that give us more projection again, we will do it. Otherwise, as we did last year, we will not do it.”
-José Castro; source: Marca via Google Translate
Chelsea are supposedly readying this actual offer once again, contingent on Kurt Zouma finalizing his transfer to West Ham, which looks to be happening soon. The latest guesses are that €60m might be interesting enough for Sevilla. (The release clause is €80-90m or so.)