With Massimilano Allegri likely to become the next manager of Juventus, Paulo Dybala’s situation has changed entirely, with recent reports tending towards an extension with the Bianconeri. According to Tuttosport, Dybala has made up his mind to continue at Juve for the foreseeable future, thereby rejecting offers from elsewhere.
With Cristiano Ronaldo uncertain to stay and no decision made yet on whether the Old Lady will persist with Álvaro Morata, it would be most prudent for Juve to hold on to Dybala. Dybala himself is said to be focused on getting Juve over the line for Champions League qualification and will restart contract discussions at the end of the season.
Erling Braut Haaland
Over in Haaland-land, Bayern Munich had already ruled themselves out from the race. And according to Tz, as long as Robert Lewandowski is at the Allianz Arena, they will not do so. It’s worth noting that rumors linking Lewandowski with an exit have cropped up in recent days, so this could be Bayern’s tactical way of trying to diffuse the situation. Haaland was reportedly sought as a deputy to Lewandowski back in 2019, but the 20-year-old refused at the time.
So lange Robert #Lewandowski beim #FCBayern unter Vertrag ist, ist Erling #Haaland kein Thema in München. Denn: Ende 2019 wurde ein Backup für Lewy gesucht. Aber:— Manuel Bonke (@mano_bonke) May 1, 2021
Ohne Einsatz-Garantie wollte Haaland nicht zum #FCB, @kessler_philipp @JonasBA90
Meanwhile, Borussia Dortmund also continue to insist that Haaland doesn’t have a “gentleman’s agreement” in his contract to leave under specific conditions (unlike Jadon Sancho).
Borussia Dortmund director Zorc to ARD: “We already had a gentlemen's agreement with Jadon Sancho since last year that he can leave the club under certain conditions”. ⚫️— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) May 1, 2021
“However, this agreement does *not* exist with Erling Haaland”. #BVB
West Ham have been rumored to be one of the frontrunners in the race for Tammy Abraham’s signature, but Hammers’ manager, David Moyes, has dampened the intensity of those rumors. Moyes has claimed that due to West Ham’s financial situation, the budget for transfers will be limited, and it is unlikely that they will spend £40m on a single player.
“It (Abraham at £40m plus) would rule us out completely. We will be ruled out. So if that’s the figure and that’s what’s being said, we are ruled out. We don’t have that money, we don’t have that to buy a striker at that price No.”
“I don’t think we will be making a purchase of that for one player. It may well be (that £40-45m is our total spend). But you never know here. I don’t think we will be making a purchase of that for any one player. I’d be surprised if we were.”
-David Moyes; source: The West Ham Way via Hammers News
Chelsea are reportedly close to confirming Jayden Wareham’s arrival from non-league side Woking, and the Cardinals’ manager, Alan Dowson, once again confirmed the impending arrival of the 17-year-old at Chelsea.
“Yeah I believe things are getting done, I don’t think they want to publicize it massively but I believe everything’s in order, it just needs clearance from the Premier League and all that. I don’t think there’s any problems with it, I think everything will be getting done and good luck to the lad. Whatever club he goes to, it should get done.”
“Every day we think it’s getting done, today whatever, we can’t really say the name but I think everybody will know anyway to be honest. But the bottom line is good luck to the kid, I hope he does well, I hope he does very good. It will be good for him, I think he’s got a couple of years to kick on. Fair play to the lad.”
-Alan Dowson; source: Woking Youtube channel via Football London