Chelsea’s left back conundrum looks to be reaching its resolution today, with Emerson reportedly close to agreeing a season-long move to Juventus.
Ignoring that for a minute, after a bunch of stray rumors in Italy, where stray rumors are everywhere and all over the place, Nizaar Kinsella of Goal reported that the deal will include an option to make the move permanent as well, though there is no mention of how much that fee may or may not be.
- Emerson Palmieri is finalising a move to Juventus. Expect it will get done.— Nizaar Kinsella (@NizaarKinsella) October 5, 2020
- Bakayoko to Napoli announced soon.
- Rudiger deciding on at least five clubs.
- Baba Rahman has two clubs in.
- Loftus-Cheek seen as expensive even on loanhttps://t.co/TuWPZF7aHd#CFC #CFCSales
Emerson’s agent made it quite clear over the weekend that the Italy international’s future at Chelsea was far from assured, even after the little drama between head coach Frank Lampard and the other backup left back, Marcos Alonso. Alonso was briefly linked with an exit in the wake of all that, but now looks to be staying as the second-choice behind Ben Chilwell and maybe even Cesar Azpilicueta, if he deputizes wide left.
Emerson, who’s played for AS Roma and Palermo before moving to Chelsea in January 2018 has two years left on the contract he signed at the time. To protect his value, he might end up signing a one-year extension as well before heading out.
That is of course if he does head out.