"David Luiz is on the brink of joining Paris St Germain in the next 48 hours in a sensational deal that could cost the French superpower close to £50 million. Exact terms are still to be thrashed out by the clubs, but the transfer of the 27-year-old Chelsea star will be the world's most expensive for a defender, beating the previous two highest fees - both paid by PSG, for Marquinhos and Thiago Silva."
That's interesting, isn't it? That sort of price for a guy that may not even feature in our first eleven next season would be highway robbery. If PSG were willing to go anywhere near that amount for the Brazilian, he'd almost certainly be suiting up in France next season.
Unfortunately, David Luiz isn't worth anywhere near £50 million, and PSG shouldn't have that sort of money to be tossing around given the recent sanctions imposed by UEFA. Lots of people will click the link though, no matter how ridiculous the report is. Who knows though...maybe PSG are about to do something monumentally stupid.
- Goalkeeper would like to return to Chelsea, says talks have been 'positive'
- Chelsea defender likely heading to Germany, according to reports
- The Daily Hilario: Toulon Tournament Time!
- Dominic Solanke caps off dream month and season with golden boot and the Euro U17 trophy
- Ivanovic helps out after flooding in Serbia