Didier Drogba's days playing football in Europe may soon be over, assuming today's rumor mill proves to be accurate. The latest story making the rounds suggest that Drogba will be joining Major League Soccer this summer, teaming up with Clint Dempsey in Seattle.
From reliable friend: Extremely trusted sources close to Galatasaray have confirmed Drogba's move to Seattle at end of season #Sounders
— Mike Standish (@MikeStandish) February 4, 2014
As an American fan, I'd be absolutely thrilled if this rumor proves to be true. Beyond being an absolutely fantastic human being, Drogba is up there with my favorite players of all time. I have a feeling I'll now be making quite a few road trips to follow the Sounders this fall, though I'll be wearing the same beautiful blue Drogba shirt that I've got on in my profile picture. While I'd obviously prefer to see him join the New York Cosmos, just having him playing in the US would make me smile.
Seattle fans seem to be ecstatic with this potential move, and you all really ought to visit Sounder at Heart as soon as possible to tell them just how lucky they'd be to land the center forward.
- Aston Villa manager praises Ryan Bertrand, thanks Chelsea for the opportunity to work with him
- Four in, three out for Chelsea's Champions League campaign
- By the numbers: Chelsea are getting it done in the big matches
- Chelsea / Vitesse / Cobham East Roundup: 4 February 2014
- Nathan Ake assigned new squad number