With Chelsea resuming training today, all eyes were naturally going to be on the work put in by Juan Mata. Did he smile? Did he hug Jose Mourinho? Say goodbye to all of his friends? Tonight's headline would write themselves based on how one interpreted his actions.
The headline writers won't have a difficult day today, though, as Juan Mata was reportedly nowhere to be seen*. The Mail are reporting that his advisors have flown to London as well, and that we're getting to the point where Mata to Manchester United could be a done deal soon.
*There is a bit of conflicting information on this, though the bulk of the media are running with it. Don't be surprised if this turns out to be nothing.
I suppose we'll be expecting some comments from either Mourinho or David Moyes at some point relatively soon, though with Moyes we'll likely have to wait until after United's League Cup game. This is starting to look like an actual thing though, and it will be a sad day for all if Mata leaves for a rival.
- Chelsea finally look like true contenders again
- Mind over Mata: Why we'll be ok if Chelsea sell (but not to Manchester United)
- There's nothing new to report on Juan Mata's rumored move to Manchester United
- The Daily Hilario: The one not about Juan Mata
- The dumbest transfer story ever, starring Juan Mata, David Moyes, Diego Costa, and Filipe Luis