Chelsea have been linked to Fredy Guarin quite a bit in recent days, and today we saw one of the better publications in England mentioning a Chelsea bid for the player. According to The Guardian, Chelsea have already lodged a bid for the player, and are hoping to complete a deal early in the window.
An initial offer of nearer £12m has already been rebuffed by the Italian club for the 27-year-old, with Chelsea understood to be preparing an improved bid to deflect interest from other elite English clubs in the player.
Fifield is by far the most reputable source we've seen reporting this rumor yet, though that's not really a feat which takes an awful lot to achieve. Still, I'd tend to believe Fifield has a somewhat reliable source here, and that he's actually been given this information by someone that would be in the know.
That said, Inter is clearly looking to sell several players early in order to buy a legitimate striker. It's not difficult to imagine either either the club or the player's agent leaking information to serve their purpose, a practice that seems to be particularly common in Serie A.
The article also closes with a not that the Blues would like to add Kurt Zouma as well, though he'd be less a buy for the present and more a buy for the future. I really like Zouma though, and hope that Fifield's information is correct on that one.
- Potential Chelsea Transfer Target: Fredy Guarin
- Chelsea linked to Inter Milan midfielder
- Sunderland vs. Chelsea, League Cup: Squad News, TV & Streaming Information, Preview
- Chelsea youth draw AC Milan in the UEFA Youth League
- Drogba will be coming home, as Chelsea draw Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Vitesse / Cobham East Roundup: 16 December 2013
- Sunderland vs. Chelsea: You choose the League Cup squad