Don’t even know where to begin with this one.
The level of incompetence on display, from all involved but especially the refereeing crew (both live and video) was staggering.
Chelsea lose and now just have a 1-point lead in fourth.
- Pre-match injuries to Abraham and Hudson-Odoi meant starts for Batshuayi, Pedro. Kovačić also restored, with Mount rested
- Mount’s rest didn’t last long, as Kanté picks up groin injury 10 minutes in
- Maguire kicks out at Batshuayi, hitting him right in the family jewels. No card from Taylor, in what was a carbon copy of the Son-v-Rüdiger incident. VAR somehow agrees.
- Batshuayi two big chances missed in the space of 3 minutes, the second an absolute tap-in from a Mount cutback.
- Willian booked for “diving” over the outstretched leg of a defender who was about to clatter him in the area.
- Martial elbows Christensen, who has to get treated for a bloody nose.
- Martial beats Christensen in the next phase of play in the air and scores against the run of play.
- Christensen unable to continue at half-time, Zouma on.
- Zouma scores from a corner, ruled out by VAR for a supposed push by Azpilicueta on Shaw. Except everyone can tell that Azpi was first pushed by Fred, so it’s either a no-call or a penalty.
- Maguire, who should’ve seen red much earlier, scores from a United corner
- Giroud scores from a Mount cross, ruled out by VAR for being off by a literal toe. Never mind that neither the technology nor the process are accurate enough to determine that.
- Mount hits the post late, for the second time in the game.
- Repeated homophobic chanting clearly audible through the television, even.
Next up: Spurs on Saturday, at home. Mustest of must wins.