There was not much left for either side to fight for in the Premier League today. The hosts, Leicester, had already lost the ‘best team outside of top-six’ fight to Wolverhampton. Meanwhile, Chelsea had already guaranteed a place in next season’s Champions League, which allowed coach Maurizio Sarri to protect several of his main players from potential injury, as we still have the Europa League final against Arsenal in our horizon.
It was still a typical game against the Foxes, where they tried their best to annoy us via Jamie Vardy and James Maddison — although they were a bit more possession-oriented than usual, courtesy of manager Brendan Rodgers. We still had the upper hand with our chances created, but as is often the case with us, the goal did not come by.
The second half was just as packed with action, as both sides kept searching for the opening goal. But neither were able to.
And that’s a wrap (for the PL, no less)!
- No Gary Cahill in the squad, whose shoes are filled by youngster Marc Guehi instead.
- Plenty of rotation today, from goalkeeper to striker as the occasion allows us to do so.
- Finishing third in the league thanks to Spursiness. Nice!
- Subs are Hazard for Willian, Kovacic for Barkley and Giroud for Higuaín.
- Next up: the Europa League final against Arsenal, two-and-a-half weeks from now in Baku, Azerbaijan.