Time to find out Chelsea’s fate for the Champions League Round of 16. UEFA will conduct the draw at 12pm CET (11am GMT; 6am EST), with Chelsea, as an unseeded team after finishing second in the group, looking at five possible opponents out of the eight groups winners.
- Barcelona (23% chance) — A rematch of the last time we were here, two years ago, when Messi finally scored against Chelsea, Courtois learned what a nutmeg was, and Willian hit the post a lot.
- Juventus (22% chance) — The Sarri Derby. The narrative’s choice.
- Bayern (19% chance) — Bayern are doing terribly in the league, but are doing just fine in Europe. Hudson-Odoi might relish this opportunity to become good again.
- PSG (18% chance) — ugh, not again.
- RB Leipzig (18% chance) — the hipster’s choice
We cannot face Manchester City, Liverpool, or Valencia.
ATENCIÓN— MisterChip (Alexis) (@2010MisterChip) December 11, 2019
BARÇA-CHELSEA (23%) es el emparejamiento más probable del sorteo de octavos de la Champions League 2019-20. Aquí tenéis la clásica tabla estadística de cada año con el porcentaje de cada uno de los duelos que pueden darse. Cortesía de #LaMáquinaDiabólica. pic.twitter.com/nvlSiH0v7R
The draw will be on BT Sport 1 (UK) and B/R Live and TUDN (USA) and their associated streaming services. (For other countries, click here.) It will also be available streaming for free on UEFA’s official website.
As always, you can also simulate your own draw at draw.inker.one. Here’s one I just did.