Once again, it took a while, but Chelsea eventually found the breakthrough: Pedro scoring just a few minutes after coming on from the bench.
Hazard then made the points safe with about 5 minutes left on the clock, combining with Alonso, who’s now had a direct or semi-direct hand in 6 of Chelsea’s 10 goals on the season.
So that’s four wins from four for Sarri. It’s the sixth time that Chelsea opened with four straight wins in the Premier League; we’ve won the title on four of those previous occasions and finished second the one time we didn’t (Ancelotti’s second season).
Next up: international break. Sigh.
- One change to the starting lineup: Willian for Pedro
- Like-for-like changes in Giroud for Morata, Pedro for Willian, RLC for Kovačić
- Pedro’s willingness to shoot and his penchant for wonderful goals pays off. Twists Aké out of his shoes before finding the bottom corner with the right foot. Fellow sub Giroud gets the assist.
- Alonso picks up another assist as Hazard scores for the second match running.
- 24 shots, 6 on target is really not too good. Defensive frailties remain, too. Room for improvement!
See no losses. pic.twitter.com/c2YxFqAoUX— Chelsea FC USA (@ChelseaFCinUSA) September 1, 2018