Well. That happened.
Chelsea have been defeated by Manchester City at the Ethiad Stadium, 1-0, in a rather drab match. There’s not much to discuss other than the runaway league leaders just being better on the day and in general.
It was always going to be a tough ask for Chelsea to come out of this fixture with anything to show for it. They didn’t get totally outplayed, but they didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory either.
- With Kante out, it didn’t look good from the outset. Chelsea did well to limit chances, but couldn’t create much of anything.
- The match could’ve been totally different if City’s Oleksandr Zinchenko had been shown red for a very dangerous tackle.
- Moses has to do better when getting chances to put shots on goal. Shots on goal can result in luck, shots in row 35 do nothing.
- Still hold an 8 point lead for 5th after Arsenal Arsenal’d today.
- Hot Take: City are really good.
- Next up: Crystal Palace home, Saturday.