Leicester upped the intensity in the second half, beginning to press high and use the wings the best they could, looking threatening in spells as the game wore on. It took a whole 120 minutes to do it, but Chelsea have got the job done.
- Surely a boost in confidence for Morata to have gotten the goal, although he could’ve had more. Let’s hope it’s enough for him to push on and return to his early-season form at the very least.
- Willian continues to be the best attacker in the side.
- Pedro’s header (!) was assisted by Kante, who was excellent yet again. What a player.
- Can the real Eden Hazard please stand up?
- Bakayoko looked utterly bereft of confidence in his first-half appearance today, although I really can’t say I saw the substitution coming.
- Andreas Christensen had a solid game, which should give him a much-required lift after his recent shaky stretch.
- Marc Albrighton can really cross a ball, eh?
Next up, Southampton in the semis, which is the best possible draw Chelsea could’ve hoped for. Up the Chels!