In Conjunction with the Chelsea Fancast
CFC WW1 Battlefields Tour 2019
With Alex Churchill, author of “Over Land and Sea: Chelsea FC in the Great War.”
Alex has also worked together on centenary books: Somme: 141 Days, 141 Lives and Passchendaele: 103 Days in Hell. She has appeared in numerous television documentaries about the war and has given talks, or is booked to speak for a number of organisations including: the Commonwealth War Graves Commission, BBC History Magazine, the Chalke Valley History Festival and the Western Front Association.
Provisional dates Departing London with a stop en route to the coast on the afternoon/evening of Friday 24th May 2019 and returning on Monday 27th May 2019
- Two nights on the Somme and one night at Ypres
- An overview of the war 1914-1915
- A trip through the battlefields of 1916-1918 looking at the general progression of the war on the Somme, at Arras and at Ypres; stopping to look at sites specific to football and the war, and focusing on the inidivudal stories of Chelsea players and fans in each locality.
- Stops at key sites including the Thiepval Memorial and Tyne Cot Cemetery
- Time in Ypres to explore the town and witness the Last Post.
- There will also be scope to include any relevant stops for family members or points of interest of those on the tour if they can be worked into the itinerary.
To register your initial interest and join the mailing list: please email email@example.com