Chelsea dominated the first half possession once again, but once again failed to create too many chances and failed to finish off those that did get created.
Hazard eventually got one in, but Pereyra equalized straight away — both goals in first-half stoppage time.
Chelsea started the second half well, but then Watford had a great spell. Chelsea bended but did not break and re-took the lead with Hazard winning and converting a penalty.
There would be no more goals, but it was mostly comfortable for the Blues.
Three important points, especially with Arsenal dropping two earlier in the day.
- 100th Chelsea goal for Hazard (Kovacic assist), his first of the night.
- Hazard brace gives him 10 for the season, to go with 9 assists, for 19 hockey points in the league, the most of any player in the league.
- Unchanged starting lineup for Chelsea
- One non-standard sub from Sarri, forced by Pedro’s apparent hamstring injury. Hudson-Odoi thus gets over a full half in the Premier League. Barkley for Kovacic and Emerson (!) for Hudson-Odoi (!) completed Sarri’s changes.
- Hudson-Odoi seemed to be favoring his hamstring as well. Both players were making their first Premier League appearances.
- Chelsea now all alone in fourth, two points ahead of Arsenal and four points behind
SpursMan City, who lost(!) to Leicester City in the afternoon.
- Next up: Crystal Palace away on Sunday