Aston Villa’s 3-3 draw at home against bottom of the Championship table Preston North End last night featured a really great goal from Chelsea loanee (and birthday boy!) Tammy Abraham.
Happy 21st, Tammy!
The game also featured all of the following, which meant that Tammy’s goal was (probably rightly so) relegated to a footnote:
- A dominant first half and a 2-0 half-time lead for the home side
- Villa deciding to park the bus in the second half against the worst team in the division
- Villa throwing a two-goal lead away
- A DOGSO red card for Villa’s James Chester, and a penalty for the visitors
- An equalizer for Preston from a free kick
- Preston taking the lead with 5 minutes to go
- 10-man Villa equalizing in the 91st minute
- 10-man Villa missing a winning penalty in the 96th minute
- At some point, a head of cabbage was thrown at Steve Bruce.
Steve Bruce is probably pretty close to getting the sack.
Lettuce send him our thoughts and prayers.
UPDATE: Bruce was sacked in the morning.