Chelsea failed to let the Magic of the FA Cup (TM) wash over them as they played to a forgettable scoreless draw away to Norwich City in the third round. That’s right. We get to do this all over again at a future date.
There’s not much to really focus on here as the two sides attempted to play football for 90 minutes without much really happening.
- This is where I’m supposed to give some witty opinions on this slogfest, so here it goes.
- Umm, Kenedy started and played like 75 minutes or so. He ran fast a couple of times and didn’t use his right foot at all.
- Musonda got to play! Yay Charly! He was lively in his 15 minutes. Also, his hair is nice.
- Norwich weren’t very good. They had a few chances, but nothing to really make Willy sweat in goal.
- Batshuayi got a rare start and didn’t really take advantage of his chance to impress and push Alvaro for more minutes. That’s a shame.
- Dujon Sterling debut! For four minutes.
- Zappacosta almost won it at the death and saved us from more of this nonsense.
- That’s about it. Sorry if I didn’t provide any useful info. I nearly dozed off a few times.
- Did I mention we get to watch more of these two play? That’s ... uh ... neat.
- Next Up: Chelsea host Arsenal in the first leg of the League Cup semi-final on Wednesday