Chelsea couldn’t quite match their first-half performance in the second, while Arsenal managed to get lucky with yet another deflection to score what proved to be the eventual winner. A cross deflected off of Rudiger’s heel and right into the path of
Lacazette Xhaka who made no mistake from just a few yards out.
And thus, Arsenal advance to the final against Manchester city in a month’s time, and Chelsea go home empty-handed.
Try not to overreact. Chelsea played very well overall, very unlucky in conceding both goals. Hazard getting sniped by the turf monster when clean through comes to mind as well.
It is what it is.
- Conte’s hoodoo against Arsenal/Wenger continues
- Wilshere avoids a red again, twice, even. Once for his tackle on Barkley, once for his intentional hand ball.
- Chelsea set out in 3-4-3, with Willian-Hazard-Pedro up front.
- Willian hamstring injury key; team looked much better before it
- Next up: Newcastle on Sunday in the FA Cup 4th round
Post-match review + Q&A coming your way around 9-10am GMT.