Solid performance from Chelsea with a fairly impressive scoreline, with Chelsea scoring after 20 seconds and never really looking back from there. We expected Stoke to be weak at the back, and that is exactly what they were. They tried to outgun the Blues, but our finishing was clinical and theirs wasteful.
Three points. Important to keep pace with the two Manchesters, who both won today as well.
- 4 shots on target (from 6), 4 goals. Stoke with 13 shots, only 2 on target, zero goals.
- Clean sheet for Courtois, who had a bit of a head/neck scare after landing awkwardly but seems none worse for the wear
- 3-4-3 switches to 3-5-2 with the introduction of Fàbregas. Standard.
- Morata hat-trick! Goals with his feet! What next?!
- Alonso didn’t do too much wrong after getting smacked in the head, but the stadium was going to get him sent off, so a good change there to bring on Cahill (home field advantage!).
- Cahill played right at first, but then switch with Rüdiger like midweek: Rüdiger—Christensen—Cahill (left-to-right)
- Next up: Atlético Madrid on Wednesday, away