A much better second half from Chelsea ensured that all three points stayed at Stamford Bridge tonight, putting the Blues seven points ahead of Spurs, who play tomorrow night.
Gary Cahill's lead-restoring goal on the stroke of half-time was quickly added to by Costa just 8 minutes into the second-half, and the points were more or less secure after that.
And even John Terry got a brief cameo!
- I guess we'll just have to outscore every opponent. No clean sheets since the Big Bang.
- John Terry makes first Premier League appearance since November.
- Bertrand joins Romeu in scoring against hist old team at the very end. All six goals thus scored by current or former Chelsea players!
- Fàbregas gets assist no.103 in his Premier League career, moving past Frank Lampard into sole possession of second place all-time.
- Eden Hazard sets a new personal best for Premier League goals in a season with 15. Needs three more to tie his Chelsea career high in all competitions (19 in 2014-15).
- Gary Cahill equals his career high with his 7th goal of the season, set with Bolton in 2009-10.
- Diego Costa finally scores a goal, his 50th in the Premier League. Adds one more late on for good measure, his 20th in all competitions this season!
Players who needed fewer matches than Costa:— Gracenote Live (@GracenoteLive) April 25, 2017
A. Cole (65)
K. Phillips (83) https://t.co/TrojdCXtHT
- Extra training for set piece defending this week please.
- Next up: Everton away on Sunday, just ahead of Spurs and Arsenal in the North London Derby.