Well, that was a terrible evening. An evening on which Chelsea just didn't turn up, neither did our luck. There's nothing much to really say here, apart from onto the next. It's times like these that really test our mettle as title contenders.
- In addition to losing Courtois, losing Marcos Alonso so close to kick-off really hurt us. I assume that’s the last time Azpilicueta will be deployed at left wing-back.
- As much as I dislike Ander Herrera, he did exactly what was asked of him and he did it well. The same goes for Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford, both played their roles to perfection.
- What is it with us and goals involving hand-balls?
- Two substitutions from Conte brought about two formation changes in quick succession; first to a 4-2-3-1 when Fabregas was brought on and then a 4-2-4 with Willian’s introduction, both with Zouma and Azpiliceuta as fullbacks.
- Our attack was just missing today, not that the others were much better. N’Golo Kante honestly looked like the only one trying.
- 0 shots on target.
- The lead is officially down to just 4 points. We still have the easier run-in, though, at least on paper. Keep the faith!