Chelsea pulled out a late winner to take three points away to Stoke City and extend their lead atop the Premier League table to 13 points with Spurs and City yet to play.
A first half Willian free kick was canceled out by a Jonathan Walters penalty after a rather soft call when Cahill barely touched him. However, Cahill would atone by banging in a late winner just a few minutes before full-time.
- Willian scored yet another free kick. It probably should’ve been saved, but whatevs. It was his sixth league goal of the season.
- Costa was lively and motivated from the opening whistle, getting on everyone’s nerves as usual.
- I’ve decided I’m naming my first child N’Golo.
- Personally, I don’t think penalties should be given for the wind blowing over Walters. But that’s just my opinion. Cahill shouldn’t have touched him, but it was a very soft call.
- An interesting move to a back four in the 70th minute to try and get something going gave Chelsea a boost of momentum.
- A mixture of bad luck and poor finishing almost cost the Blues, but Cahill got a golden chance and didn’t miss it.
- It wasn’t pretty, but it’s three points.