An at times positively scintillating Chelsea took care of business today against Arsenal, with a goal in either half enough to see off the Gunners' challenge on this fine Saturday lunch-hour. Fàbregas put the finishing touch on the day with an exquisite lob after Čech's error.
Giroud scored a late consolation as Chelsea were pressing for a fourth. No clean sheet today unfortunately, but a couple really good saves from Courtois in the game.
Chelsea move TWELVE points clear, temporarily at least, at the top of the table. Spurs play later today and have a chance to reduce it back down to nine.
- A perfect summation of how far we've come since losing to Arsenal 3-0 in September.
- Costa kept off the scoresheet for a second-straight match, first time all season that's happened. That's a tremendous stat, actually.
- Alonso equals his career high with 4 league goals.
- Goal of the season from Hazard?
- Next up for Chelsea: Burnley away next Sunday.