Chelsea dominated this game basically from start to finish, but still made hard work of the three points after conceding a set-piece goal on the stroke of half-time. Despite a relentless, if a bit too casual and pass-happy attack, we needed an error from Lukas Flappyhandski to secure the win.
They all count the same!
- Fàbregas unlucky to not get a hat-trick, drawing a fine stop from Fabiansky in the first-half in addition to his goal and then smacking one of the bar early in the second.
- Pedro involved in another goal, as he seems to always be lately. Interesting sequence before that goal, with penalty shouts in both areas (Azpi "handball", Costa "fouled"). Swarbrick did not have a very good game at all, ignoring plenty of actual fouls and calling several phantom ones (including the one for the free kick from which Llorente scored).
- Costa breaks his two-game Premier League "drought" with a well-taken left-footed volley after Hazard schooled Naughton. 17th goal of the season.
- Switch to 3-5-2 as usual late on, with Matić adding to the midfield. Zouma comes on late as defensive right wing-back sub for Moses.
- Chelsea move 11 points clear of second place Man City, 13 points clear of Spurs, who play next. City are off this weekend and will carry a match-in-hand for a bit.
- Carefree. KTBFFH.
- Next up: West Ham away.