The game was effectively over at “quarter-time” when Hazard made 2-0, was definitely over at half-time when it was 3-0, and the only question was how many more would Chelsea score to consign West Brom to their 11th winless game on the bounce.
The answer was one more, Hazard getting his brace.
As a bonus, we also survived any further injuries despite West Brom introducing Claudio Yacob at the half.
- Chelsea 3-5-2 unchanged from the 1-0 win over Manchester United before the international break. Switched to 3-4-3 for the final 15 after Pedro & Willian both came on for Hazard & Kanté, respectively.
- Hazard (2g, 1a), Morata (1g, 1a), Fàbregas (0g, 2a) running the show
- Hazard now just 3 goals behind Gianfranco Zola’s 80 for the club.
- West Brom had the ball in the back of the net twice, once ruled out for offside (Rondon) and once for a foul. Both clear decisions, even by Jonny Moss’s standards, who seemed insistent on handing out strange yellows for “diving”.
- Four wins in a row in the Premier League for Chelsea. Into second place temporarily, back down to third if Manchester United beat Newcastle in today’s late game.
- Bearded Conte now 1-0.
- Next up: Qarabag away in Azerbaijan on Wednesday night.