Well that was a mighty silly game, but perhaps 3-3 is a fair result. Roma certainly gave it a go.
Chelsea had good and bad spells; perhaps we can build on the good ones.
- After giving up a 2-0 lead, Chelsea come back from 2-3 down. Rudiger then misses an open net for what could’ve been a winning goal. (Dzeko did the same for Roma, too.)
- First goal of the season for Hazard, promptly followed by his second goal of the season.
- Fantastic goal for David Luiz, but played with a lot less control afterwards. Then got hurt and never quite seemed to be able to run it off. Probably should’ve been substituted well before the hour-mark, but there were no other options on the bench for Conte. Switched to 3-4-3 after the sub, with Pedro on, then Willian for Hazard. Was better going forward, but less secure going the other way.
- Hopefully David Luiz isn’t seriously hurt. Already well short of numbers in midfield.
- Ex-City men getting all the joy for Roma. Dzeko is a force of nature these days, apparently, while Kolarov played like man 10 years his junior.
- Atleti were held to a 0-0 draw by Qarabag. Chelsea still in control of the group.
- Next up: Watford at home on Saturday