It was all Chelsea in the second half, but the equalizer would just not come. Fàbregas hit the bar, Speroni made some excellent saves, and the close calls all went against the Blues who were made to pay dearly for the absolutely travesty of a first-half. Palace defended well enough, did all the classic things to stop and harry and delay and got their reward.
Three points dropped for Chelsea then and sights now firmly set on arresting this slide in the Premier League — just one win and four points total from the last four games.
- Not sure which was worse: the absolute sh*tshow of the first-half or the “one of those days” of the second
- Frustrating to be allowed to be beaten by the one dangerman Palace had in Wilfried Zaha
- Bakayoko with his first career Premier League goal
- Fàbregas with the assist, plus the shot that skimmed the crossbar
- Batshuayi hooked before the hour. Probably not the audition he and Conte would’ve been hoping for
- Musonda gets almost 30 minutes. Had one really good chance and couple decent efforts from range.
- Zappacosta is a crossing maniac, but needs to be more accurate. Moses hamstring yet another injury concern.
- Next up: Roma at home in the Champions League on Wednesday