Marco van Basten's got some new ideas for football. What do you make of them? pic.twitter.com/MdLKVghbTC— Bleacher Report UK (@br_uk) January 20, 2017
- no offsides — LOL; let's not be stupid. This would literally destroy the game as we know it.
- orange cards & sin-bins — yes, though emphasis should really be on improving refereeing with tech first.
- no extra-time — meh, whatever.
- shootout early MLS-style — nah
- individual foul limit — no need (cards is a fine system)
- four quarters — no thanks
FOOTBALL (all times GMT):
16.00: Africa Cup of Nations: Cote d'Ivoire vs. DR Congo
19.00: Africa Cup of Nations: Morocco vs. Togo
19:30: Bundesliga, 8th vs. 1st: Freiburg vs. Bayern Munich
19.45: Ligue 1, 17th vs. 2nd: Bastia vs. Nice
19.45: La Liga, 10th vs. 15th: Las Palmas vs. Deportivo La Coruña
19.45: Conference, 1st vs. 5th: Lincoln City vs. Dover Athletic
19.45: Championship, 2nd vs. 6th: Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Sheffield Wednesday