An early goal in either half settled any nerves stemming from the Diego Costa ongoing affair and any hangover from the Spurs defeat on the last matchday.
Back on the winning track! Carefree.
- Two goals for Alonso, now just one shy of his career high total for a season (four with Bolton in 2012-13).
- Another goal for Pedro, who simply can't stop scoring. Four goals in his last four games.
- Victor Moses kicked all night long, only called once in a rather frustrating overall performance from referee Andre Marriner. Also missed the Vardy assault on David Luiz. We should recall that Vardy put Hazard out of commission last season for several months.
- Welcome back, clean sheet.
- Another game with Chelsea playing much better in the second half than the first. Just Conte things, that.
- Chelsea have now scored 10 goals against Leicester this season (three games in all competitions).
- More than 13 seconds for Michy! Loftus-Cheek also gets a reward for his great showing last weekend in the FA Cup.
- Chelsea finish the day 7 points clear of Spurs in second place. If Liverpool beat Manchester United tomorrow, that lead will be back down to 5 as before this weekend. Any other result and it's a great weekend for the Blues.
- Chelsea now have more points than we had all of last season.
- Next up: Hull City at the Bridge.
- Always improve.