A much better second half from Chelsea, so something to build on I suppose, but in the end, not quite enough to overcome the first-half two-goal deficit. A lovely assist from Matic and a good finish from Costa got Chelsea back in the game, but despite late pressure, the Blues could not find the equalizer, let alone the winner.
- David Luiz's first debut was a 0-1 loss to Liverpool at the Bridge. His second debut another one-goal loss to Liverpool at the Bridge. Obviously that means we'll be winning the Champions League next year.
- Some ridiculously good individual performances from several Liverpool players. Unfortunately, can't say the same thing for Chelsea.
- Not too happy with how late we waited with the subs. I realize that stoppages were at a premier in the last ten minutes, but they needed to be on when Chelsea's initial second-half push ran out of steam around the 65-70th minute. It's tough to expect real impact from 5-minute cameos.
- Rough way to start the weekend, but it's still early in the season.
- First loss in the Antonio Conte era. Chelsea now level with Liverpool on points. Still plenty to feel good about for the season ahead; as usual, the individual mistakes have to be cut out.
- Next up: Leicester City on Tuesday in the League Cup