Chelsea absolutely dominated the second half, but the second goal didn't come after Hazard's opener and when a referee made (another) bad decision (way to sell that "foul", Andy Carroll), West Ham got lucky from the resulting free kick and subsequent corner.
And so, just like at the start of last season, another draw to begin the new season. Not the ideal start we would've wanted and hope for, but signs of promise.
BUT THEN DIEGO COSTA STRIKES FROM 20 YARDS OUT AFTER MICHY WINS THE KNOCKDOWN AND STAMFORD BRIDGE ERUPTS. ANTONIO CONTE CELEBRATES.
GAME, SET, BLOUSES.
- 4141/433 at the start. 442/424 at the end, with Chelsea looking for a late winner. Moses and Pedro came on as the wide men, with Michy and Diego leading the line up top.
- Welcome back, Oscar.
- Welcome back, Eden Hazard.
- Welcome back, Diego Costa. (Just a little less dribbling, please.)
- Welcome back, Nemanja Matic?
- Welcome, N'Golo Kante.
- Welcome, Antonio Conte.
- Welcome back, Premier League.