Once again, for the manyeth time, it's the hope that kills ya. Costa's first half equalizer and Chelsea's generally excellent play and pressing and desire and impetus gave me so much hope, I could hardly sit still. Chelsea went close to finding a second multiple times. But then Costa got hurt, and Zlatan scored to settle the tie, and Hazard got hurt, and everything was the worst once again.
- Having lost both legs 2-1, Chelsea's Champions League dream is over for this season. And the next.
- There's a great chance this was the last Champions League played at the old Stamford Bridge...
- The Blues played and pressed really, really well for a decent period after PSG's opener. Some of the best football we've seen this season at Stamford Bridge. Kevin Trapp was called into action several times in the PSG goal and he had to show his quality.
- Hazard had seemed to pick up a slight knock early in the second half, but soldiered on for another 15 minutes. Costa unfortunately couldn't kick his leg problem either (he was stretching his quad just before going down and getting subbed out). Turning point.
- Referee Brych let a lot go, but overall did okay. I was convinced he'd make a terrible penalty decision at some point, but turns out that was not needed.
- With another door closed, Chelsea's only hope of silverware and European qualification for next season remains the FA Cup. Only a few days to recover for Saturday's trip to Everton in the quarterfinals. No time to feel sorry for ourselves.