Well, that was far from pretty.
Chelsea had the better of things in the second half, and it could even be fair to say we dominated the final quarter of an hour, but eventually we had to settle for the scoreless draw.
- The best Chelsea performance on the day came from the traveling fans. Good show, despite silly things such as this.
- Clean sheet for Courtois, which is always nice. Would not have bet on that based on the defense's first-half performance, that's for sure.
- Chelsea fail to score for the first time in 2016. Gomes did pull off a ridiculously good/lucky save from Ivanovic in the 78th minute. Substitute Eden Hazard played a large role in creating that chance. Hazard himself could've scored from a Willian cross, but the touch was too heavy and the goalkeeper collected. Gomes then one-upped himself in the final few minutes, saving a point-blank Costa header, too.
- Oscar needs better, non-slippy boots, especially against Watford.
- With the draw, Chelsea move back to 13th and are now unbeaten in 10. But with only 4 wins. Better, but really not that good.