Three goals in the first half, plus a couple more in the second for good measure as Chelsea collect our biggest Premier League win of the season. Newcastle were terrible, Chelsea were great — either, or, and a bit of both. Not quite 8, like the last time we were coming off of four league games without a win at the Bridge, but fairly close!
- Win no. 8 in the league. Still need one more to equal our number of draws (9) and losses (9). Progress! 12 in-a-row unbeaten (6 wins, 6 draws) in all competitions.
- For the first time all season, Chelsea have a positive goal difference. Only took 26 matches!
- Costa's goal his 10th in the league. Willian's goal his 9th in all competitions. Pedro's brace doubles his career total for Chelsea. Traoré grabs his first Premier League goal of his career. Hazard missed one by inches late on that would've been his first league goal of the season.
- Costa, Willian also pick up assists, as does Fabregas with another classic, lovely ball over the top of the defense. Even Azpilicueta gets one!
- Terry's injury means Cahill-Ivanovic played center back. Ivanovic hasn't started at CB since the final day of the 2013-14 season. Baba Rahman and/or Matt Miazga set for bigger roles going forward should Terry's injury prove serious.
- Bit of a silly late goal to concede, as the entire left side and center switches off and Townsend waltzes in to slap one past Courtois.
- Minutes for youngsters Traoré (30), RLC (10).
- Next up: PSG on Tuesday.