Well that wasn't pretty. Chelsea huffed and puffed, West Brom stood firm, but then Diego Costa uncorked a tremendous left-footed finish and that was all Chelsea needed in the end.
- West Brom's strategy clear from minute one, including all the time-wasting.
- Somewhat inconsistent refereeing from Mike Dean, who was quick to hand out first yellows and very reluctant to give out second ones for similar or even worse fouls. Craig Dawson lucky to stay on.
- Willian and Fàbregas the two game-changing subs off the bench. Ivanović then the defensive change after Costa's goal, with Chelsea settling back to a 3-5-2-ish shape.
- Diego Costa's goal early Goal of the Month nominee, surely. Twelve in the league for Diego now to lead all players. And then he played some key defense at the end, too. Anything he can't do? Another game without a yellow card, even.
- Chelsea move back to the top of the league, three points clear of Arsenal who had temporarily gained top spot after their win yesterday.
- Nine wins in a row. Another clean sheet.
- Carefree. KTBFFH.