Chelsea started the second-half on the front foot and almost grabbed a goal with the first action of the half, but then it was the hosts' turn to apply some decent pressure through the rapid feet of Adama Traoré and the aerial prowess of the likes of Álvaro Negredo. Chelsea threatened on the counter repeatedly — Pedro even rang one off the bar and Moses missed an easy one — but there were to be no more goals.
In the end, that suited us just fine. Not the best performance, but job done.
- Diego Costa's 10th goal was the difference. He now leads Sergio Aguero by 2 at the top of the goalscoring charts.
- Anybody keeping track of the number of headers won by David Luiz?
- Chalobah once again first off the bench. On for Pedro for the final ten minutes to help lock things down. More of a 3-5-2 from then on. Ivanović came on as a more defensive right wing-back for the final few minutes. Oscar for Hazard completed the trio of defensive changes.
- Sixth straight win (first time in seven years), sixth straight clean sheet (first time in nine years). Had to fight for this one, poor/unlucky finishing from both sides kept the goals to a minimum.
- Did I mention top of the league? TOP OF THE LEAGUE, BABY.
- Next up: Spurs on Saturday.
Sadly, no FB Live today as I'm rather sick at the moment. Hopefully tomorrow.