Chelsea were a fair bit less dominant in the second half than in the first — though a response from the champions Leicester was always going to be expected — but the Blues saw out the 2-0 win without too many major issues.
David Luiz did hit the post of his own goal after hitting the post of Schmeichel's goal in the first half, but at the other end, Chelsea missed several easy chances, including Kanté somehow not hitting an open net and hitting Wes Morgan's leg instead.
But then Victor Moses made sure of the points after a tremendous assist from Nathaniel Chalobah, and then we had a bit of a youth festival for the final 10 minutes, with Loftus-Cheek and Aina also entering the fray.
Well done, all!
- Diego Costa's 7th goal of the season keeps him atop the Premier League goalscoring charts. And he avoids a yellow card, so he'll be available for Manchester United next weekend!
- David Luiz dialing in his free kicks; getting close!
- Starting in a 3-4-3, Chelsea finished in something closer to a 3-5-2. Either way, the defense and the midfield were active, pressing, and very good.
- Another clean sheet!
- Chelsea, playing first on the weekend, temporarily move up to fifth.
- Next up: a reunion with Jose Mourinho at the Bridge