An event-filled first half that saw Arsenal go down a man and a goal early on was followed by a much more calculated and dull second half at the Emirates. Per Mertesacker saw red for a DOGSO challenge in the 18th minute, and Diego Costa struck just four minutes later. Mathieu Flamini had the best chance for the Gunners on the brink of half-time that went begging. A few mad goalmouth scrabbles were all Arsenal could muster in the second half. The lone goal stood up and Chelsea are taking three points back to the Bridge.
- This has to be in the top 2 of overall club performances on the season.
- The first half was a sublime showing with all 11 men up for the occasion.
- Chelsea took their foot off the gas a bit in the second half, but it was job done.
- Diego Costa looked in his best form of the season.
- As did Cesc Fabregas (weird how that works)
- THREE POINTS!!!!