A rare goal from César Azpilicueta was cancelled out by a less rare seeing-eye strike Craig Gardner, then just as Chelsea looked to have gotten all three points, West Brom nicked another equalizer and so, more dropped points at Stamford Bridge for Chelsea.
- Anthony Taylor's performance today a strong candidate for worst refereeing yet this season. Zero control, zero consistency, horrible decisions. By my count, Yacob committed at least three yellow card offenses before his substitution in the 60th minute.
- That was Azpilicueta's first ever goal at Stamford Bridge, the third in his Chelsea career, but the second against West Brom!
- Second straight match with a half-time substitution, this time Kenedy getting his chance and taking it well. The second goal was technically an Own Goal, but it wouldn't have been if Kenedy doesn't make his excellent run. Wonderful cross by Willian as well, just like by Ivanovic for the first goal.
- No clean sheet -- too many midfield turnovers -- and still unbeaten since Mourinho's sacking (3 wins, 3 draws). The dropped points hurt. In some fairness, both West Brom goals were inch-perfect.
- With the draw, Chelsea remain 14th.