Job done. In a mostly straightforward manner. Not even a rogue sprinkler or the wonderful Milan Lalkovic could slow down this revitalized Chelsea train.
Choo choo ka choo right into the fourth round of the League Cup. (Opponent to be determined in short order.)
- Chelsea TV are replaying the match in a couple hours, at midnight (7pm EDT). Radio is a poor substitute.
- Even on radio, Kenedy sounded like a stand-out performer. A goal and an assist for the kid. Loftus-Cheek with a very nice pass on Kenedy's goal, too.
- Ramires also chipped in with a goal and an assist, while Loic Remy got on the scoresheet as well. Falcao was supremely unlucky not to follow suit. Pedro put the icing on the cake in added-on time.
- Tons of Twitter praise for Mikel. Tons of Twitter shame for Ivanovic. Poor, poor Bearislav. He just wanted to see me happy and let Lalkovic have a good game. (Meanwhile, quiet whispers abound of Baba Rahman not exactly excelling on the other side either.)
- Three straight wins for Chelsea. Let the good times roll!
- Next up, a scary journey to the far north, Newcastle, where the sky is low and the points are scarce.