What's that? A bird? A plane? A win!? A comfortable win!?!? Are my eyes deceiving me?
No, no need to adjust your sets. WE WON! And a CLEAN SHEET! And it was a cakewalk in the end.
- The biggest concern: what in the world is going on with Eden Hazard? Not just the missed penalty, but his touches, by and large didn't come off and he was having serious, consistent trouble linking up with the rest of the team (especially Diego Costa). Gotta sort this out straight away.
- Good show, Ruben Loftus-Cheek. The first minute yellow was super concerning, especially with this referee, but he did a good job controlling the middle. Sure, Maccabi were mostly terrible, but RLC did his chances of further playing time no harm. (One would hope.)
- Willian's hamstring injury the latest in a series of minor knocks for our players. Now both of our right wingers are question marks for the Arsenal match. (Ramires time?)
- Our early high press, triggered by Willian & Oscar was a thing of beauty.
- Attacking full backs what? Baba Rahman almost dribbled half their team at one point in the second half! Though perhaps not so impressive when tested on defense, as one would expect from such a tactical setup.
- First clean sheet since the days of the dinosaurs. (Rather lucky at the end not to concede though...)
- Build on this for the weekend. Save the season. On a related note: LOL, Arsenal. Here we go! KTBFFH.