So that was weird. Chelsea went to the Hawthorns and lost 3-0 while playing most of the match down a man after Cesc Fabregas got himself sent off. Obviously nobody cares about the actual performance (if you do, I am mentally erasing you from my personal universe) -- the league is won and we're basically playing for the lols at this point.
Some quick, half-baked thoughts for a quick, half-baked game ...
- Fabregas's red card was bizarre and more than a little hilarious. Diego Costa Diego Costa'd, and after a nice long scrum Fabregas fired the ball at Chris Brunt's head from across the pitch. The red card was inevitable and amusing; he'll be banned for the Community Shield and our Premier League opener.
- The last time we got three points at West Brom Carlo Ancelotti was in charge.
- We probably should have had another red card when John Terry fouled Saido Berahino for the penalty early in the second half. No idea why Mike Jones didn't give it.
- Remy is not a winger and should not be playing there.
- IZZY BROWN DEBUT
- I think Chelsea fans managed to chant 'we've won the league for about half an hour straight in the second half'. That we have!
- I am nowhere near drunk enough to write a match report. Don't wait up.
Rate your players here: