Chelsea were mostly awful on Sunday, though QPR weren't very good either. Luckily, Cesc Fabregas managed to find a goal in an otherwise forgettable afternoon, allowing Chelsea to escape Loftus Road with all three points.
For Chelsea, this reduces their magic number to win the title to just 12 more points, and seeing a Gunner hero sticking the knife into Arsenal's "title hopes" is especially satisfying. It was an ugly match, but I'm a happy camper regardless.
- Cesc Fabregas looked very out of sync today, even more so than he has since Christmas. Maybe he should call Fernando Torres and ask for advice on playing with a mask (Note: This was written before he scored, but it was still a pretty poor performance on the whole).
- At some point, I'd love to see the Premier League make some sort of standard regarding watering the pitch both before kickoff and at the half. The atrocious condition of the Loftus Road pitch certainly contributed to the unwatchable head tennis today.
- Didier Drogba still has his moments, but I think today's display just confirms that he just doesn't have the legs to be more than an impact sub anymore.
- Thankfully, both Cesc Fabregas and Nemanja Matic made it through today's match without picking up a tenth yellow card. I suppose that's one positive to take away from the long ball tactics we saw today.
- Unsurprisingly, Chelsea looked much better in possession once Oscar came on for Ramires.
- I really hope QPR get relegated, but I like Chris Ramsey a lot. Hopefully he makes a nice career for himself with a decent club somewhere else.