Things didn't go as smoothly as planed on Saturday, but when Neil Swarbrick blew the final whistle at Villa Park, Chelsea had three more valuable points as they continue to roll toward the Premier League title. Combined with the result from the Manchester City/Hull City match, it's been a very good day for Jose Mourinho and the Blues.
Eden Hazard started the scoring with a beautiful finish, and Chelsea took a 1- lead into the break. They did the unthinkable and conceded a goal to Aston Villa very early in the second half, but as he's done so often in the past, Branislav Ivanovic was there to rescue the match for the Blues.
- Our third kits this year are awful. I'll be happier if we never wear them again.
- It would be nice if Thibaut Courtois would start catching the ball again. I really wonder if he's fully fit at the moment, and if he's not, Petr Cech needs to be starting.
- Willian played like a man who has to win the starting role all over again today. The assist on the Hazard goal was absolutely sensational, and gets better every time I watch it. It was an impressive showing from the Brazilian.
- I spent part of halftime remembering the days when Tom Cleverley was held up as an example of everything Manchester United were doing that Chelsea should emulate. I laughed so hard that I snorted hot coffee. Not good, not good at all.
- Speaking of not good, the marking on the Jores Okore goal was terrible.
- Thinking about the decline of Joe Cole since he left Chelsea makes me sad.
- I hope Scott Sinclair rediscovers his Swansea form at Villa.
- Top of the table and having a laugh...