Hahahahaha we lost to Bournemouth at home that shouldn't even be possible. Forget the top four, we should be worried about finishing in the top half right now.
- Thibaut Courtois is back from injury, Asmir Begovic had done a nice job deputising while Courtois was out, but having two healthy goalkeepers is better than having one.
- The first half was depressing in a completely different way to the result. Chelsea weren't inept enough to be funny, but they weren't good enough to be even mildly entertaining either. Bournemouth did a good job of packing the box with numbers whenever we had the ball, and we weren't moving the point fast enough to expose any gaps in the armour. It picked up a little towards the interval, with Pedro and Oscar snatching shots on target, but there was nothing to get the blood racing unless you're particularly passionate about yelling at our midfielders.
- Baba Rahman is almost never where I expect him to be. As an attacking player, that's really good. As a left back, perhaps less good.
- Chelsea began without Diego Costa and created very little. He came on at haltime and the attack developed a focal point that Bournemouth ... well, still dealt with ok. But it looked a little better until calamity struck late on.
- In the second half we had a lot of chances to score, but didn't. Bournemouth had one chance to score, and they did.
- Let's not complain about the officiating. You can't when you play that poorly.
If you want to rate the players, y'all go for it. I'm ordering enough whiskey to drown myself in. Bye.