The game was close for a while, especially on the scoresheet, and then quite open for a while, too (except on the scoresheet) but eventually Chelsea broke through and opened the floodgates. Four goals without reply, three points, job done.
- Thanks to Dynamo Kiev's surprising victory against Porto, Chelsea can now still win the group on the final match-day with a win at home against the Portuguese side. On the flipside, with Dynamo essentially assured of 11 points (they play Maccabi on the final day), we will need at least a draw (we have the upper hand against Dynamo in the head-to-head tiebreaker).
- Maccabi's young goalkeeper Rajkovic didn't have the best of times at the Bridge, but he was excellent today, making at least 3 world class saves to keep out Cahill, Hazard, and Azpilicueta. And he was still beaten four times; that's how dominant Chelsea were. Nasty collision towards the end between him and Rémy, too.
- Hazard still looking for his first goal of the season. Just can't buy a goal at the moment.
- Diego Costa, now Europe's pantomime villain, too, not just England's.
- Willian. Willian Willian Willian. What is left to say? Another free kick goal!
- Back-to-back wins and back-to-back clean sheets!