Top of the league we remain.
A few thoughts from this momentous occasion..
- I can't say I envied Mike Dean on this day. He tried to let the physicality go, but had to start handing out yellows to try to keep things under control. Try this stat on for size: Willian was fouled seven (7!) times. And then he gave a second yellow to Zabaleta, just so to ensure that he can get hated on by both sets of fans.
- Speaking of Willian and being much maligned... it wasn't his brightest showing, that's for sure, both for most of the time he was on, he was our main and only outlet. His passing was crap unfortunately but we should acknowledge the job he did as a much needed release valve, especially in the first half.
- Might want to practice clearing the ball a bit better for the next tough game.
- Nice goal, André, with a wonderful ball from Hazard. But Schürrle seriously needs to be more aware on defense.
- Diego Costa came within inches of sealing the deal, but his shot deflected onto the upright. Costa looked slightly off pace -- maybe not quite 100% despite the midweek rest -- but he did annoy City even if nothing else.
- Having the lead and then throwing it away against a 10-men City is a bit disappointing. But a 1-1 draw at the Etihad is a fantastic result anyway.
- Mangala was named Man of the Match by the locals. Can't say I disagree.
- Oh, Frankie. :(