Well that was fun, wasn't it?
We got to see the new boys in action, we got another 45 minutes from the youngsters Brown and Boga (and a few others for a few minutes fewer in the second half) and we even got a comeback. Comebacks are fun. Chelsea wins are fun.
Preseason continues on Wednesday with a match in Arnhem against Chelsea B. Until then, here are a few initial thoughts.
- Matej Delac is real and is not half bad. Wonderful save on the NK counter, the one good chance the hosts worked that wasn't a direct result of a Chelsea turnover or defensive third giveaway.
- Izzy Brown and Jeremie Boga did well, despite playing a large part in gifting the goal to NK. Though Gary Cahill (captain Gary) didn't help things but not closing that shot down and reverting back to his back-down-back-back-down mode. It was his first involvement this preseason, so I suppose we'll forgive him for now.
- It was Cesc Fabregas's first involvement, too, and he arleady looks the part. Wonderful passing, solid tackling though the tackling was never amiss with Ramires and Lampard. Good link up with Diego Costa, including on the goal.
- Yay, Diego Costa!
- Oh, Fernando... A few moments of decent link-up play, in fairness.
- Zouma gets a goal, probably should've had two as his effort in the first half was disallowed for some reason. Kurt does need to dial it down a bit, he's got a bit too much Phil Jones going on at times. Speaking of disallowed goals, Branislav Ivanovic had one chalked off in the second half as well.
- Mo Salah needs to find some end product.
- Well done, everybody!