Despite long-time Blue Michael Essien's departure, Chelsea still have a presence on the Ghana team. Christian Atsu, who was bought last summer from Porto before being sent out on loan to Vittese Arnhem, has made Kwesi Appiah's 26-man squad, and one would expect him to survive the cut to 23 set to take place at the end of the month.
Atsu's been remarkably good in the Eredivisie, and while I'm not sure exactly where he fits into the Black Stars setup -- there are a lot of good players in the sort of areas he frequents -- he should probably get at least some time in Brazil. And even getting to go will be a good experience for the 22-year-old.
Here's the full squad (I bet you can guess at least one of the midfielders!):
Adam Kwarasey, Fatau Dauda, Stephen Adams, Samuel Inkoom, Daniel Opare, Harrison Afful, Jeffrey Schlupp, John Boye, Jonathan Mensah, Rashid Sumaila, Jerry Akaminko, Michael Essien, Agyeman Badu, Sulley Muntari, Rabiu Mohammed, Kwadwo Asamoah, Afriyie Acquah, Christian Atsu, Albert Adomah, Andre Ayew, Wakasu Mubarak, David Accam, Asamoah Gyan, Kevin Prince Boateng, Majeed Waris, Jordan Ayew.
- David Luiz flirts with PSG -- could the defender be moving on?
- Chelsea duo make England squad
- Chelsea's earnings set to increase 30% to an incredible £340m, despite trophyless season
- Rank Chelsea's summer shopping needs now that the season has come to a close
- Ashley Cole retires from England, so it is now ok to start acknowledging just how great a player he was