Expect this little rumour to last a while yet: Inter Milan are still talking about the possibility of bringing in Fernando Torres this summer:
He is one of the names that interest us, as admitted by our president Erick Thohir in recent days. Then you will discover in due time who will be the player we will focus on.
-Inter Milan general director Marco Fassone. Source: Sky Sports.
It's not really that common to hear teams talk about their transfer targets by name this far ahead of the summer, and it's especially unusual with a big name like Torres. Yes, players do get linked with other clubs in April, but that's normally sourced from the player's reps, not a team.
This is a strange enough situation that I'm skeptical about the level of interest here. Inter could easily be looking to drum up interest by talking about the big names they're going to sign without any real intention of going after them -- think Manchester United and Cesc Fabregas/Thiago Alcantara last summer -- so unless they start talking actual bids, don't get ready to say goodbye to Mr. Torres just yet.
- The little horse that can: Chelsea's title hopes are alive and well, if a bit under the radar
- The Daily Hilario: The Rains of Costa-mere?
- Atletico Madrid won't play Thibaut Courtois without an agreement with Chelsea
- Eden Hazard injury update: Belgian fit 'sooner rather than later'
- Demba Ba saves the day as Chelsea squeak past Swansea City